35000-40000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
6 months ago
CAD/CAM Engineer – Sheet Metal
Salary: £35-£40K (dependent on experience)
About the company: CAD/CAM Engineer
My client is a well-established manufacturing company of architectural sheet metal products seeking an experienced CAD/CAM programmer experienced using sheet metal packages working in both 2 and 3D. Ideally the candidate would have suitable experience and an understanding of architectural metalwork and cladding systems.
Role: CAD/CAM Engineer
- Undertake all aspects of creating sheet metal part drawings from Customer enquiries
- Generating sheet metal developments/flat patterns from customer drawings and converting them into CNC programs for manufacture.
- Nesting and optimising parts into stock sheet
- Maintaining and developing good working relationships with customers and suppliers
- Able to prepare material take-offs and manufacturing schedules from engineering drawings.
Skills/Experience Required: CAD/CAM Engineer
- Experience working within the architectural sheetmetal / fabrication industry is required with a minimum of five years’ experience.
- Good technical understanding of sheetmetal flat pattern and engineering drawings
- Working knowledge and industry experience using Autocad and Solidworks in an architectural sheet metal fabrication environment is essential. Minimum of five years’ experience is essential.
- Knowledge of Radan sheet metal is desirable, although training may be provided to the suitable candidate.
- Ability to work as a team member, and work with own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Excellent organisational skills
Qualifications: CAD/CAM Engineer
Official Solidworks training including essentials and sheet metal is required and you will be asked to provide evidence of training prior to interview.
Applicants note: Please do not apply for this role if Solidworks experience has only been gained from a further education institution. This training will not be deemed adequate for this position.
Hours: CAD/CAM Engineer
5 days position working Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.