about 1 year ago
CAD Technician – Midlands - £25,000 - £30,000
The CAD Technician is responsible for creating drawings for the Design Team. The applicant must be able to meet specific deadlines, communicate efficiently and manage expectations. The applicant must also have experience in building and maintaining relationships with clients, contractors and suppliers, whilst providing accurate and concise technical drawings for manufacture.
Essential Skills:AutoCAD trained, with preferably at least 3 years’ experience in construction sector.
Desirable Skills:Inventor trained
Reports to:Senior Design Manager and Managing Director
Salary:£25,000 - £30,000.
The company: My client are a SME based just south of Birmingham and specialise in civils and flood defence technology. They have been operating for over 20 years and can offer a clear progression and development path.
- Manage, organise and prioritise workloads from the construction programme to ensure time scales are met.
- Review project designs from architect concepts and produce working drawings for approval and manufacture
- Ensure designs are produced in conjunction with tenders, any deviation should be notified to the Project Manager and Contracts Manager
- To produce full joinery drawings from architectural designs to signed off working production drawings
- Liaising with clients including issues, sample and drawing approvals and RFI’s
- Work closely with the other Managers to ensure jobs run efficiently and according to plan
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure they have all the necessary information to enable them to deliver the correct high-quality product
- Ensure any delays are documented and line managers are notified
- Ensure finishing schedules are updated and cross-referenced to each drawing
- Keep electronic folders up to date for each project
- Issue drawings for pricing, ensuring details are accurate whist meeting set timescales
- Provide regular reports on projects in progress and reporting actual/potential issues
- Deliver excellent front-line customer service to clients, subcontractors and suppliers via phone and email
- Review specifications of projects and obtain clearance for discrepancies between specification and estimated details
- Drawings and samples - ensure drawings are all checked, adjusted to any comments and correct before being re issued. All samples for the job must be accounted for and approved. Ensure this is completed within the allocated time frame
- Always be conscious of site running costs, know what has been allowed for within budget and better buy where possible (larger purchases are done early by commercial team)
- In addition to the above you will carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.