45000-50000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
almost 2 years ago
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Salary: £45K - 50K
Continuous Improvement Engineer – Overview
A manufacturing company are now looking for an Continuous Improvement Engineer
to join their team.
Continuous Improvement Engineer – Responsibility
- Utilizing CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) data, hourly output control and OEE information, identify, in conjunction with Engineers and Operations Managers, key process improvement opportunities.
- Develop Cost Justifications and CAPEX submissions for improvement projects.
- Ensure improvement objectives, specific goals, measures, and metrics are established for each improvement project.
- Define and implement preventative and predictive maintenance using condition monitoring tools such as vibration, heat, noise
- Plan and Lead FMEA teams / Kaizen events
- Drive the progress of planned improvement implementations to ensure achievement of expected benefits within the agreed timescales.
- Use appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document process improvements.
- Work with Finance to justify and track projects. Develop cost justifications for improvement projects and corrective actions
- Actively promote Reliability improvement and its activities and services to all employees.
- Advises management on the inclusion of appropriate measurement and control, systems, and systems for data collection when establishing Purchase Specifications for new capital projects.
- Communicate key lessons learned and best practices from improvement projects.
- Works in collaboration with other Group facilities to benchmark processes and identify and establish best practices.
Continuous Improvement Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Continuous Improvement Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- A Degree in a field such as Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or a relevant business improvement/lean manufacturing qualification.
- At least five years of experience in a lean manufacturing engineering role.
- Six Sigma knowledge beneficial
- Experience using Lean Tools – Value Stream Mapping, Visual Factory/5S
- Experience Leading FMEA/Root Cause Analysis Teams
- Ability to influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization
- Confident decision-making ability
- excellent communication skills
- The ability to work within budgets and to deadlines
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.