35000-40000 Per Annum
almost 2 years ago
Continuous Improvement Manager
Salary: £35k - £40k
A large national manufacturing company who produces specialist packaging solutions are now looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager to join their team.
To support the Site Director and to be responsible for the delivery of lean six sigma projects that eliminate re-work, streamline processes, provide cost savings and increase the customer experience whilst stretching targets and supporting teams through training.
Continuous Improvement Manager - Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Challenging existing processes, techniques and systems;
- Work closely with the production, warehouse and engineering departments in the development and introduction of improved manufacturing and operational techniques to support site efficiencies, quality objectives and customer intimacy;
- Establish a local culture of continuous improvement and root cause elimination through Lean, Kaizen and Standard Work;
- Work with other functions and managers to agree, prioritise, plan, coordinate implementation and follow up on all process improvement activities;
- Maintain and develop an up to date knowledge of world class lean manufacturing techniques;
- Train, coach and support line managers embedding continuous improvement in their day jobs;
- Act as a change agent, driving the mind-set and behaviour shift of the line managers, coaching and helping them to introduce and sustain the new ways of working;
- Analyse current process performance with senior management;
- Identify and share best practices;
- KPI's as outlined in the yearly Lean Improvement Plan for the site;
- Implementation of a Lean Manufacturing culture;
- Measurable quality improvements by the promotion of best practise;
- Change and improvements established and accepted as a normal part of working life by all levels.
Continuous Improvement Manager - Skills, Capabilities and Attributes:
- Planning: Understands how to construct a commercially astute business plan and communicate it clearly. Justifies the plan with facts, details of paybacks and returns on investment;
- Delegation: Assesses and understands individual skills sets and consequently trusts employees with tasks without the need to closely monitor and supervise.
- Coaching: Takes responsibility for developing colleagues, helping them improve their skills and fulfil their potential.
- Authoritative: Steps forward and will challenge the status quo and is prepared to address issues by taking charge of situations and people.
- Team Leadership: Recognises that team performance is more important than individual performance but also values individual differences.
- Personal Confidence and Assertiveness: Displays a self-belief that instils confidence in others. Prepared to take a calculated risk, being comfortable in their own skin and unafraid to make mistakes and learn from them.
- Communication: Sees communication as a two way process. Makes time to listen and value the opinion of others.
- Problem solving & Decision Making: Often seeks views of others before making a decision. Demonstrates a clear logical approach, considering all aspects before reaching a decision. Ability, determination and persistence to seek out and act on the root cause of an issue.
- Consistent, Reliable & Professional: Highly committed to their work and goes the extra mile when required to achieve results.
- Relationship Builder: Sufficiently self-aware to understand their personal impact on others. Creates an atmosphere of trust and sincerity, treating people honestly with respect.
- Personal Organisation: Has a structured, focused and organised approach to planning and prioritising their work. Uses procedures and appropriate tools to keep on track.
- Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates an in depth understanding of their function and the knowledge required to carry it out. Speaks with confidence and conviction, demonstrating credibility in their job role. Keen to remain up to date and knowledgeable in their area of expertise.
Continuous Improvement Manager - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the manufacturing industry as a Continuous Improvement Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a minimum of a SixSigma Greenbelt - Ideally Blackbelt Certified
- Held a CI Management role or senior CI position for the last few years
- Have a strong, proven background in lean engineering
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.