45000-55000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 2 years ago
Customer Supply Chain Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Customer Supply Chain Manager is customer facing and ensures that all of our customers receive the correct products, in the correct quantities, at the correct time. To achieve this level of excellence requires the Customer Supply Chain Manager, working closely with the Sales Teams, to provide strong leadership to the entire Customer Service Team comprising of purchasing, production planning, warehousing, and distribution of finished goods. This needs to be achieved within the financial constraints of the business, balancing inventory levels with sales demands and production capacities.
Customer Supply Chain Manager- Responsibilities would include:
- To manage the Customer Services Team to provide exceptional customer service and deliver to the agreed KPI’s.
- Deliver and continually develop the sales and operations production planning processes.
- Ensure production is sensibly planned, engage with production team to optimise manufacturing lead time to ensure availability of product to meet customer requirements.
- Provide strong leadership and implement strategies to improve the company’s key metrics with respect to lead time reduction, supplier management, material cost reduction and improved quality.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure they meet performance metrics, provide performance feedback and provide sales forecasts.
- Engage in the negotiation of supply agreements with specific suppliers resulting in an implementation plan, cost models and a documented agreement. Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures to underpin key supplier relationships.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Ensure we accurately despatch all customer requirements communicating all relevant information to our customers and Sales Teams as appropriate.
- Manage all finished goods inventory held both on and off site to optimum levels, providing accurate information for financial reporting including accurate transaction recording, invoicing, product traceability and inventory records.
- Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient Customer Services Team.
Customer Supply Chain Manager– Person Requirements:
- Fully conversant with using an ERP system to schedule raw materials and plan production, ideally a Microsoft Dynamics AX user.
- Must have an analytical approach and be an expert Excel user, capable of using VLOOKUP
- Proven success in a purchasing role, ideally gained within the medical devices industry.
- Graduate calibre and MCIPS qualified.
- Managerial experience: capable of providing the leadership, support and drive for the customer services team to continuously improve
- Charismatic leader, initiates change, gives direction and takes responsibility.
- Energetic, goal orientated and self-starting.
- Excellent communication skills: listens, inspires and motivates others to act.
- A creative problem solver and able to encourage others to offer innovative solutions.
- Commercially aware with sound judgement and business acumen.
- Upholds ethics and values and creates an environment of openness, trust and collaboration.