42000-50000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Location: Engineering Manager
A local Supplier are now looking for anEngineering Manager
to join their team.
Engineering Manager – Overview
Engineering Manager is a key position within the company. Reporting to the General Manager, the role involves overall responsibility for the Engineering & Maintenance functions of the business with specific responsibility for the following listed below
Engineering Manager – Responsibility
Day-to-day running of Engineering & Maintenance department including but not limited to:
- Job Scheduling
- Shift Planning
- Holiday Planning
Developing and maintaining the company’s Planned Preventative Maintenance programme including but not limited to:
- Ensuring that all regular maintenance tasks are carried out in a timely and competent manner and in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines and identified best practise.
- Maintaining accurate records of all tasks.
- Ensuring that all statutory legal maintenance requirements are completed and records and required certification kept eg PAT testing, boiler inspections, NDT testing, gas safety testing etc.
- Playing an active role in ensuring that the company’s Health & Safety Policies are adhered to and that the highest standards of health & safety are maintained throughout the Engineering and Maintenance Department.
- Planning and executing such project work as may be required and ensuring that all Engineering elements of such projects are carried out in an efficient, timely and competent manner.
- Identify the required stock of spare parts, place orders when necessary and keep accurate records of all spare part inventory. Where possible, proactively identify savings from alternative sources of parts.
- Maintain positive relationships with suppliers and contractors.
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for the Maintenance department and monitor and control performance against budget and other agreed kpi’s.
- Be responsible for the installation and annual review of key plant and machinery, monitoring performance and recording and reporting material defects to the Directors of the Company.
- Liaise with the Production team to ensure any required maintenance or emergency repairs minimise disruption, whilst ensuring work is carried out to the highest standards;
Engineering Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as aEngineering Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience working in a similar role, within a fast-paced production environment;
- A minimum of HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (or related subject);
- A good understanding of costs, quantities, timescales and contract terms for any work undertaken;
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels;
- Proactive and self-motivated;
- Flexible approach to working hours
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.