45000-50000 Per Annum
almost 4 years ago
(Fabrication Manufacturing - OEM)
Location: Hoyland - South Yorkshire
Salary: £48k + benefits.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading welding and fabrication company who manufacture lifting equipment. The company now require an Engineering & New Product Development Manager
Key management team member, to structure and lead the Engineering/New Product Development team within a world class mobile elevated work platform manufacturing/fabrication company.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineering & New Product Development Manager to join one of the world's leading manufacturers of mobile elevated work platforms based in Hoyland. In return, we offer competitive pay rates, 25 days holiday which increases with service, plus bank holidays, healthcare cover scheme, 4% contributory pension, life insurance and profit related bonus scheme.
The company is a private UK company, and has achieved sustained sales growth year on year to become one of the world's leading designers and manufacturers of lifting equipment. they have a vast sales and dealer export network across over 40 countries worldwide, supported by 400 employees in the UK, based across three centres of excellence manufacturing sites.
Engineering Manager - Main Purpose of Role:
The Engineering & New Product Development Manager role is to structure and lead the Engineering/New Product Development team. Setting and managing objectives of the team and individuals, including support and training. Implementation of the overall and local business strategy to meet the development / improvement manufacturing requirements of the business. Identifying and implementing new technologies and new processes, deploying proven methodologies for the verification of product: D.M.E.D.I or D.M.A.D.V.
Engineering & New Product Development Manager - Main Tasks of Role:
To manage, mentor and coach the Engineering / NPD Team, through structured, defined and agreed standards / procedures, with clear planned versus target management and support. Ensure internal company standards and procedures are developed, audited and complied with. Efficient organisation and utilisation of staff, including compliance with health and safety standards, skills flexibility, training, planning and cover to maintain NPD Engineering output.
- Responsible for overall structured actions to complete the company's stage gate/validation process relevant to: New Product Introduction projects and improvement/re-validation of legacy products projects;
- Prioritise product development for the redesign of jigs and fixtures outlined in the business strategy;
- Deliver the business strategy for all new chassis fabrications to be prototyped, evaluate Design for Manufacture, feedback to MK Design through Engineering Change, research and development of process to meet the design criterial and fully validated to meet production required outputs;
- Manage the overall New Product Introduction Process, providing project by project objectives to effectively manage the team output to meet targets and design brief. Manage adherence/recovery to main milestones for each project. Conduct business risk planning and mitigation of risk;
- Explore and implement new process, plant and equipment technologies to improve efficiency and product integrity;
- Project manage the implementation of ISO3834 to level 3 accreditation and in preparation to Level 2;
- Develop and control the Engineering Change process to the Niftylift Standard;
- Use of LEAN Principles to ensure the team deliver sustainable improvements in process efficiency, standardisation, quality and cost down of projects.
Engineering & New Product Development Manager - Education/Experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering Discipline;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Engineering Management/ Engineering Project Management;
- 2D/3D CAD user experience (ideally Creo Elements/Pro 5.0, AutoCAD 2D and Windchill PDMLink10.0;
- Experience of Robotics and/or other Automated manufacturing methods;
- Jigs/Fixture design experience, preferably within Fabrication and/or Automation;
- Process research and development within a manufacturing environment;
- Broad experience of design, manufacturing, and quality engineering including CAD CAM, metal cutting / forming, fabrication, welding, automation / robotics, CNC milling/turning. and finishing technologies;
- Lean Manufacturing principles and process evaluation experience;
- Project Management experience.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.