30000-45000 Per Annum
almost 3 years ago
Civils Estimator –Worcestershire - Permanent - £30,000 - £45,000
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience
About the Company:
My client is a nationwide civils contractor company that specialise in flood defence projects. They currently require an Estimator to join their growing team.
About the Projects:
You will be based in the office 4/5 days a week, but projects will be based nationally and consist of flood defence walls, flood barriers, flood and storm tide gates, doors, windows and self-acting barriers.
Purpose of Role – Estimator:
- To provide clear, timely and accurate information, advice, and report to Operations Manager
- Supporting senior members of the team in day-to-day management and delivery of projects.
- Ensure deadlines are actively managed and progress is reported to supervisors as required.
- Follow the company’s quality assurance process on all projects.
- Ensure standard documentations is used when presenting any external information.
- Attend, contribute, and minute meetings.
- Carry out site visits/inspections.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Undertake relevant training when required.
- Demonstrate skills in project and commercial management.
- Regularly updating standard cost databases and profiles.
- Assisting in the update of cost variations with senior staff.
- Preparation of analytical estimates for Civil Engineering works, that are technically accurate and with an acceptable risk level, from outline drawings and specifications.
- Participate in the design development to assess buildability, materials, innovation, and cost effectiveness of proposals.
- Provide high level pricing information early in the Tender for optioneering and budgeting exercises to ensure the most cost-effective solution offered.
- Ensure procedures, including risk and governance processes, are followed, documented and correct authorisations are in place.
- Contribute to the preparation of Tender Preparation and Tender Construction programmes.
- Prepare a staff schedule for the Tender, using feedback from successful contracts and collaborating with other functions.
- Participate in the preparation of a procurement plan with the central/regional buyers to agree suppliers & sub-contractors, terms & conditions, and discount levels.
- Prepare enquiries and obtain competitive quotations for civil engineering resources, particularly materials and sub-contractors. Obtain completed construction and design questionnaires where appropriate.
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness and knowledge of Technical developments and new methods within the Industry.
- Prepare financial models for framework submissions, including setting appropriate staff rates.
- Cost coding using the standardised system to allow meaningful feedback and cost capture going forward.
Candidate Requirements – Estimator:
The Estimator MUST have experience in estimating civils projects, they will be based locally to Worcestershire and come with an excellent reputation within the market.
Desirable – Estimator:
The Estimator will have experience in flood defence projects.
Aside from joining a company with an outstanding reputation my client can offer a clear progression path onto Senior Estimator and beyond. They offer a professional but relaxed environment to further your career in.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.