37000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 2 months ago
Salary: Circa £37k
A large manufacturer based in Bradford are looking for a Facilities Supervisor to join their team. The main duties of this role are to effectively manage the day-to-day manufacturing site and office buildings to ensure smooth running of the business. This includes the provision of services and facilities to all parts of the building including offices, manufacturing, and warehouse operations
Facilities Supervisor - Job Role:
- Oversee and manage a facilities team of 3 engineers.
- Delegating and carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults;
- Delegating and repair electrical systems to ensure they are consistent with
- Health and Safety standards;
- Carrying out quality inspection audits on completed jobs;
- Liaising with client departments, customers alongside other engineering and production associates;
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components;
- Managing sub-contractors on site, ensure safe working systems.
- Maintain fixed wiring testing defect rectification;
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs;
- To effectively manage any facilities or site service projects.
- Supporting both strategic and day to day operations in relation to the
- building and premises.
- Define and help the purchasing dept negotiate site service agreements as deemed necessary whilst minimising costs.
- Promptly arrange any repair work required to the utilities or site.
- To take responsibility for and manage all facilities sub-contractors on site ensuring they comply with health and safety legislation and local rules at all times.
- Coordinating projects including equipment replacement, machine moves and installations and small scale construction projects (on-site training and coaching provided).To monitor utilities consumption and actively look for ways to reduce.
- To contribute to the facilities strategic capex projects to maintain long term asset reliability and replacement.
- Any other tasks associated with this role but not necessarily mentioned within this profile
Facilities Supervisor – Person Requirements:
- Strong people management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Facilities management experience
- Team working skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels;
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills;
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety
- Good PC skills and an understanding of FM database application.
- Project management experience
- Good understanding of engineering requirements
- Ability to manage sub-contractors addressing issues promptly
- Good understanding of Health & Safety within a manufacturing environment.
- Conversant with engineering drawings
- Contractor management experience
- Project management understanding
- 18th Edition, IPAF and Testing and Inspection (desirable)
- Facilities management qualification (BIFM or similar desirable)
- Ex Forces applicants in resettlement will be considered