60000-65000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Salary: Circa £65k
A local engineering company are now looking for an exceptional General Manager to join their team.
General Manager Profile:
An internationally recognised leader in the field of precision engineering, specialising in the design and manufacturing of high-performance microwave devices, systems, and service provision to our customers, ranging from commercial to military in application.
General Manager - Overview:
This is a new role, which is required to lead and coordinate the day-to-day operation of the
Company. You will be a team focused, self-motivated and results driven individual who will direct
and manage our organisation’s business activities at our Cornwall based facility.
We currently have a highly skilled team of 63 passionate professionals and are proud to maintain an
International reputation for high quality, high performance, and high reliability products to
We globally market our components and systems to meet a multiplicity of applications including:
- Communication Systems - Satellite and Terrestrial
- Radar Systems
- Research and Academia
- Space Flight – Communication and Earth Observation
- Test and Measurement
Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions (with a direct accountability for
Sales, Engineering, Production, QA, Site Services, HR, Purchasing, Accounts and Business Systems)
will be predominantly internal focused, however at times you will support our international
customers via our network of agents and representatives in relation to maintaining customer
relationships, generating new business.
General Manager - Accountabilities
- Ensure company policies reflect legal and commercial standards.
- Foster a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture where quality and the highest standards are
- upheld without compromise.
- Ensuring Customer Satisfaction is measured and managed appropriately.
- Leading Change Management initiatives.
- Production of Management and Board of Directors reporting.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate and monitor daily activities with responsibility for managing headcount, hiring,
- performance reviews and management: time/overtime management through to execution,
- with an input across operations for all aspects of production; planning and delivery.
- Coordinate business operations to maximize effectiveness, ensuring all areas have the
- appropriate resources and priorities outlined to enable full operations to be delivered on
- time, in full and at the quality expected by both the business and its customers.
- Collaborate effectively across direct and indirect reports, to execute business strategies.
- Monitor financial performance and strategy, including improving revenue/managing costs
- and authorising departmental expenditure.
- Identify and sponsor initiatives to support the continuous development of our teams,
- maintaining and developing skills as applicable to the business.
- Monitor employee morale, whilst deriving and driving initiatives to improve year on year.
- Formulate changes to company policies as applicable, by staying relevant with commercial
- and legal responsibilities.
- Evaluate performance and productivity, adjusting for optimization and continuous
- Manage our customer service and satisfaction levels, if necessary, stepping in when a
- customer is dissatisfied to ensure they are delighted by our response.
- Monitor Health and Safety performance and quality standards across site, driving forward a
- culture of ‘safety first’.
- Oversee the scheduling and maintenance of production equipment and machines to ensure
- efficient operations, including early identification of significant capital expenditure.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to implement strategies that will improve the
- marketability of manufactured products.
- Working across our teams and partners to provide solutions to operational issues (e.g. profit
- decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors).
- Maintain company certification to ISO9001:2015.
General Manager- Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the manufacturing industry as a General Manager. You will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Engineering degree or higher qualification, or comparable working experience.
- Ideally hold an MBA or working towards
- Awareness and appreciation of RF and Microwave technology would be an advantage.
- Experience in highly regulated sectors (e.g. defence and aerospace) an advantage.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.