32000-35000 Per Annum
about 4 years ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £32k - £35k
A large construction company are now looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
Health and Safety Advisor - Role and Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular sub-contractor control inspections on site.
Give guidance and professional advice in the production of Site-Specific Risk Assessments and Method Statements supporting contract operations.
- Assist with the completion of HSE sections of client PQQs and tender information requests.
- Support the site team from the inception of the contract to give HSE advice and guidance.
- Support and control external audits by accreditation bodies or clients carrying out due diligence.
- Assist with the co-ordination and completion of DSE assessments and associated paperwork for all staff on sites.
- Complete theInduction with allstaff, subcontractors and visitors on the first day of employment.
- Deliver core HSE training at given times during the project, as directed by the Projects HSE Manager
- Ensure theSafe System of Work is always implemented on site and adhered to.
- Conduct HSE inspections on site in line with theMonitoring Schedule.
- Conduct audits supporting the OHSAS 18001 accreditation, as directed by the Projects give advice and guidance on all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental issues at all stages of the contract.
- Lead or assist on all accident and incident investigations, as directed by the Projects
Division HSE Manager.
- Deliver monthly Tool Box Talks to allstaff and subcontractors when required.
- Produce monthly HSE reports for the Projects Division HSE Manager and site-based management for addition to their monthly reports.
- Attend site client meetings, when required, to support the site management in HSE issues.
- Attend monthly HSE Team meetings, contribute to areas of development, and take responsibility for any actions as required.
- Offer general HSE advice and guidance to all members ofstaff as and when required.
Health and Safety Advisor - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the construction industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
* NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent in occupational health and safety.
* Tech-iosh level
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavor to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.