25000-35000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Mansfield, Nottingham
Salary: Circa £25k - £35k
A family owned construction company who supply, service and sell heavy plant and machinery are now looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a company who will train and develop you within your health and safety career.
The business is a small family orientated business so they would like to find a candidate who is happy to learn and get stuck into other areas of the business.
Health and Safety Advisor - Duties:
As a health, safety and environment advisor, you will work amongst a wide range of activities within the construction industry, ensuring compliance with current legislation, codes of practice, guidelines, industry standards and best available practice.
The role will include facilitating hazard identification, risk assessments processes and implementing any new safe systems of work required, liaising with regulatory bodies, maintaining key documentation, incident/accident investigations, including accident/incident near miss reports and challenge and correct any non-standard course of action or potential actions.
The health, safety and environment advisor will identify opportunities for improvement, implement and improve current systems, identify and address training needs and carry out toolbox talks. You will work alongside the managers and operational teams and provide an efficient and effective range of supporting functions in relation to the development/implementation and review of the HSE policies/procedures to ensure compliance.
Health and Safety Advisor - Responsibilities:
- Ensure that duties are carried out in a safety conscious manner at all times.
- Make sure that yourself and everyone around you are safe.
- facilitating hazard identification
- Undertake risk assessments
- Implementing any new safe systems of work required
- Liaising with regulatory bodies
- Maintaining key documentation
- Monitoring reports and data produced in Jobwatch
- Incident/accident investigations
- challenge and correct any non-standard course of action or potential actions.
- Wear correct Personal protective equipment.
- Halt operation immediately if safe working is no longer possible and work towards a resolution
- Ensure safety signs are visible, complete and legible.
- Only carry out work when authorise or competent to do so.
Health and Safety Advisor - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate will come from the Construction, Civil Engineering or Heavy Plant Industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also hav the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or NEBOSH Construction Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Ideally hold an Environmental Management qualification such as IEMA or NEBSOH (Not Essential)
- Ideally have experience in ISO systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or ISO45001 - This is not essential
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.