Health and Safety Advisor
38000-40000 Per Annum
almost 2 years ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: Circa £38k - £40k plus excellent benefits
A large commercial vehicle manufacturing company are now looking for an Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
Health and Safety Advisor – Overview
- Structure, develop and maintain effective and comprehensive health and safety management standards and procedures in accordance with Health and safety management system BS EN18001. Audit and sustain compliance requirements.
- Structure, develop and maintain effective and comprehensive Environmental management standards and procedures in accordance with Health and safety management system BS EN14001. Audit and sustain compliance requirements.
- Co-ordinate and improve all health and safety and environmental practices and controls, including structuring and maintaining COSHH assessments, Risk assessments, Manual handling assessments, Accident reports, Near miss report investigation, RIDDOR, Fire risk assessments and maintenance of safety and environmental related equipment / plant etc.
- Assessment, financial justification and implementation / commissioning of health & safety and environmental plant and equipment to develop and improve the business.
- People / culture development and training in alignment with new methods / practices being introduced. Encourage and facilitate improvements promoted from the employee teams.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Health and Safety Advisor - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in occupational Health and Safety
- Ideally hold an engineering qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng
- Experience with OHSAS 18001 (OR ISO 45001) & ISO 14001
- Member of IOSH
- Working towards NEBOSH Diploma
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.