30000-35000 Per Annum
11 days ago
Paul Gorton DipRP
Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Spalding, Lincolnshire
Salary: Circa £30k - £37k
A large food manufacturing company are now looking for an Health and Safety Advisor
to join their team.
Health and Safety Advisor – Overview
- To support and advise the business on all aspects with regards to Health, Safety and Environmental.
- Assisting to ensure that all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted and communicated at all levels.
- To monitor and review the protective and preventative safety measures and assist in minimizing operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents, and injuries across all company business units.
- Understanding Health & Safety legislation, it’s implications to you, your colleagues, and the Company.
- Maintain a safe working environment and follow safe working practices.
- Understanding Food safety and its legal implications to you, your colleagues, and the company.
- Adhering to the Company’s standards as detailed in the Company Handbook.
Health and Safety Advisor – Responsibility
- Ensure the business is driving towards, executing and delivering on the HSE strategy and targets, as guided by the HSE manager.
- To monitor and report on all aspects of Health & Safety.
- To develop and maintain H&S policies, systems and procedures.
- To maintain the H&S Management system and control documentation within it.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations, supporting and advising managers to ensure completion.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented. Providing advice and guidance to managers as required.
- Ensure safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported. Reporting and advising of any issues that need addressing.
- Liaise with H&S consultants in the provision of training programmes and H&S services.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant Health, safety and welfare legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business and advising the business on the as appropriate.
- Provide regular reports to the Board and senior management team on relevant H&S activities.
- Liaise with suppliers i.e. insurers, solicitors etc.
- To undertake written audit reports with corrective actions in conjunction with the relevant manager and carry out follow up inspections to confirm corrective actions.
- Train employees to meet specific H&S requirements.
- Attend relevant H&S meetings, advising on activity as required.
- Assist in managing and organising the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos.
- Carry out and deliver induction training to all new employees (including H&S, Food contamination, Pest Control and Manual Handling.
- Carry out personal and welfare risk assessments on employees as necessary i.e. New and expectant mothers, injury or illness.
- Any other ad hoc duties.
Health and Safety Advisor - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in occupational Health and Safety
- Member of IOSH
- Ideally have a food manufacturing background but not essential
- Ideally have experience with Environmental, Legionella or anerobic digestion plants
- Have a hands on and pro-active approach to HSE
- Ideally hold an environmental qualification or membership such as IEMA (Not essential)
- Ideally have a Level 2 Food Safety
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.