35000-40000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: Circa £35k - £40K
A large manufacturing company are now looking for an Health and Safety Advisor
to join their team.
Health and Safety Advisor – Overview
This is a demanding role which will require the successful Health and Safety Advisor to proactively engage with the workforce to identify issues and promote safe and high quality working practices. This role will have site wide responsibility for administering and maintaining all Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental systems, ensuring compliance with site operating permit and liaising with external awarding or regulatory bodies. Duties include but are not limited to:
Health and Safety Advisor – Role & Responsibilities:
- Review certifications and recommend HS&E Training appropriate to meet the needs of the business, including First Aid and Fire Marshalls. Ensure Training records are updated.
- COSHH Management, including COSHH and risk assessments for the site.
- Ensure all certification /Inspection/ Servicing requirements are maintained in accordance with current legislation, including Fire certification and compliance, seeking quotations as required and making recommendations to the SMT.
- Schedule and Lead Health, Safety and Environmental meetings for the site. Empowering “Champions” with various safety improvement projects.
- Carry out assessment and regular reviews for significant aspects and impacts and set objectives.
- Working with occupational health to monitor the well-being of the staff
- Point of contact for the UK Business for regulators, insurers, and external certification, ensuring ongoing compliance across the site at all times.
- Ensure all accidents and near miss investigations are carried out.
- Arrange emergency evacuation drills, monitor the event and instigate corrective actions where appropriate.
- Support Managers to ensure all onsite contractor processes are in accordance with requirements.
- Provide visual KPI’s throughout the site to encourage positive trends in safety
- Managing communication with, and reporting to, third parties, such as the Environment Agency.
- Ensuring compliance with site permit conditions, and all applicable environmental legislation
- Maintenance of Waste Transfer Notes and relevant regulatory notifications for exports of controlled wastes
- Managing information required for quarterly submissions to the National Packaging Waste Database to support the claiming of Packaging Recovery Notes (PRNs)
- Manage and oversee the Analytical laboratory function, ensuring test equipment is calibrated and fit for purpose.
- Monitor and report on the ongoing performance and outputs of the process, producing statistical quality reports.
- Undertake internal audits.
- Review procedures for improvement opportunities.
Health and Safety Advisor - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in occupational Health and Safety
- Experience with ISO 9001
- Experience with ISO 14001
- Member of IOSH
- Ideally have a metal, castings or foundry manufacturing background.
- Working towards NEBOSH Diploma
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.