35000-36000 Per Annum
7 months ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: Circa £33k - £35k plus excellent benefits
A large medical devices manufacturing company are now looking for an Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
Health and Safety Advisor – Overview
- Ensure the companies HSE Policies and Procedures are being adhered too and complying with UK HSE Legislation whilst facilitating a safe and effective working environment.
- Acting as competent person with respect to health safety & environment.
- Completing general health & safety risk assessments including PUWER, COSHH, DSE, Manual Handling, confined spaces and working at heights.
- Oversee contractors working on site
- First Aid coordination, accident, and investigations, reporting under RIDDOR.
- Provide HSE Inductions and training
- Make sure everyone is wearing the correct PPE
- Manage any or all environmental complaints liaising with the relevant bodies such as EA & Local Authorities.
- Environmental impact identification, aspect rating, monitoring & measuring, energy efficiency and pollution control etc.
- Waste Management including waste transfer note and hazardous waste.
- Oversight of Pest Control activities.
- Ensure HSE records are maintained in good order and fully traceable.
Health and Safety Advisor - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in occupational Health and Safety
- Member of IOSH and working towards full chartered membership
- Ideally hold an environmental qualification such as IEMA or NEBOSH Environmental Management.
- Experience with COSHH, PUWER, Waste Management and Pollution Control
- Be pro-active and have a hands on approach to health and safety
- Promote a positive HSE culture and able to influence people.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.