40000-45000 Per Annum
3 months ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: Circa £40k - £45k
A large forging & manufacturing company are now looking for an Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
Health and Safety Advisor – Overview
Reporting to the SHE Director, you will be assisting them as required in investigating accidents and preparing and organising safety reviews. You will be accountable for ensuring that actions are documented and closed.
Working closely with the business to ensure that safety issues are identified and mitigated across all sites and suppliers is a key part of the SHE Advisor's role. You must ensure that all stages of the process can integrate safely with existing/planned activities.
Health and Safety Advisor - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Monitor implementation of health and safety risk controls and report Key Performance Indicators
- Assisting the Environmental Manager in improving environmental performance, liaising with management and staff providing guidance and advising on Health & Safety matters as required
- Auditing of operational requirements against EHS management systems and procedures
- Supporting & assisting Process Risk Assessments, Safe working Procedures and advising on improvements
- Ensure compliance with Corporate, Company and Legislative requirements
- Provide pro-active support in the implementation of the Company Health & Safety policies and procedures as well as Corporate initiatives and industry best practice
- Conduct accident investigations and reporting should any accident, adverse event occurs
- Prepare implement and plan Specific and complex Lifting plans for non-standard operations
- Guide departmental managers and supervisors on standard lifting operations, controls and procedures
- Train and guide staff on new H&S working methods, Policies, Procedures and Working Instructions.
- Provide advice on Health and Safety compliance.
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve health and safety performance and support with developing and implementing those opportunities.
- Engage staff of all levels in making health and safety improvements, demonstrating enthusiasm and modelling positive safety behaviours.
- Providing clear standards, measures and governance on HS&E
- Support on site targets, Goals and Strategy for site HS&E compliance and continuous improvement
- Support Implementation of HSE Projects across site
- Coach and Teach compliance and understanding of HS&E policies and procedures
- Consults, as necessary, with the HR Department and Occupational Health provider on such matters as required by the Company’s policies and procedures require
- Maintain competencies through external sources, including; courses, seminars, industry and professional bodies
- Any other duties deemed appropriate within the scope of the role and in line with skills and experience
Health and Safety Advisor - Education and Experience
The ideal candidate MUST come from a Manufacturing background as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate
- Member of IOSH
- Ideally come from a Precision Machining, Castings or Foundry related industry
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.