30000-35000 Per Annum
6 months ago
Health & Safety Manager
Salary: £30K - £35K
A specialist Plastic & Rubber manufacturing company now requires a Health & Safety Manager to join their team.
Health & Safety Manager - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
The company is a SME with over 50 employees. The company specialise in manufacturing plastic & rubber products for the Aerospace, Defence & Traffic industries.
- Carry out general and specific Risk Assessments (e.g. COSHH, Manual handling, PUWER etc.)
- Carry out induction training, in-house training on Health & Safety topics and Tool Box Talks including maintenance of training records
- Help with the investigation & recording of accident and if required RIDDOR reporting
- Oversee Health & Safety for Traffic Products Installation team
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are properly implemented and track actions on the register
- Manage the statutory inspection of equipment e.g. lifting equipment and pressure systems
- Assess, approve and control subcontractors used by the company
- Work with line managers and Quality Manager to develop a Health & safety culture
- Assist in Environmental and Quality functions as required
- If possible support the Quality team in inspecting products covering visual and dimensional characteristics
- Work with Manufacturing and Sales to develop the most suitable and efficient facilities for our business.
- Risk assess the introduction of new equipment and changes to plant layout.
- Improvement of the environmental performance of the company.
Health & Safety Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a minimum of a NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- Member of IOSH would be desirable
- Any training qualifications would be desirable such as Manual Handling Trainer
- Experience of COSHH
- Ideally come from the Plastics or Rubber Industry
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.