30000-38000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 2 years ago
Position: Health and Safety Manager
Location: Haverfordwest / Pembrokeshire
Salary: £35k - £38k plus excellent benefits
Relocation: Relocation assistance offered
A local food manufacturing company are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing and progressive company, the business has just invested £10m in a new, state-of-the-art factory which they are currently in the process of moving into.
Health and Safety Manager - Job Purpose:
To ensure the company is compliant with all Health and Safety legislation and that appropriate policies and practices are adopted.
To establish positive and productive working relationships particularly around Health and Safety. Foster a positive health and safety culture that values critical thinking and problem solving, and encourages active reporting, constructive feedback and colleague engagement.
Health and Safety Manager - Main Duties:
- Overall responsibility and compliance of the Company's H&S, making sure staff are aware of the importance and follow safety protocol.
- To prepare health and safety strategies and developing internal policy;
- To carry out/oversee the development of risk assessments/method statements and consider how risks could be reduced;
- To carry out specific risk assessments and special assessments ie pregnant worker assessments;
- To organise and manage the implementation of health check surveys ie dust monitoring and hearing tests and report findings;
- To identify areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance. Communicate with the Training Supervisor to arrange training/certification once identified.
- To lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and
safety issues and risks;
- To outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
- To carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented; report on relevant findings and manage issue log through to completion.
Health and Safety Manager - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will Also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or Equivalent
- Member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH
- Ideally come from the food manufacturing industry
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.