Health and Safety Manager
40000-50000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
almost 4 years ago
Health and Safety Manager
Location: Hinkley, Leicestershire
Salary: £40k - £50k Depending upon experience.
A large manufacturing company who are the market leaders in their field are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager - Job Role:
- Responsible for the development and continuous improvement of a culture where HSE is core to the activities of the business. Ensuring proactive and inclusive approach to HSE standards are maintained and practically complied with throughout the business by working closely with all levels of management.
- Ensuring the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas of health, safety and welfare at work, including all statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure all systems/processes are in accordance with the relevant legislation, regulations, approved codes of practice and local authority requirements. Including full responsibility for carrying out reviews and assessments in a timely manner to maintain appropriate registers of HSE legislation, compliance schedules and environmental impacts etc.
- To manage and maintain company systems to enable the preparation for audits, management of the audit process and delivery of successful company retail audits (Ethical, H&S and Technical Audits).
- Review and advise on the HSE impacts of plant, processes and facilities' including Contractor and Visitor rules, induction and records, HSE Maps (eg. PPE areas, Evacuation, Drain plans etc.), fire and emergency evacuation, PPE & Workwear. Ensure that all aspects are fully assessed prior to introduction and are appropriately audited against both business and retailer audit standards.
- To liaise with and manage subcontractors and suppliers on or off site, to ensure proper assessment prior to selection and are appropriately audited against both business and retailer audit standards.
- Develop, continuously improve and maintain the H&S Manual, incorporating the HSE Policy, Procedures, Work Instructions and Forms.
- Lead timely completion and drive effective controls for all Risk Assessments, to lead Accident and Incident investigations and subsequent improvements with emphasis on preventive measures. To determine root cause of accidents, incidents and other concerns and implementing cost effective solutions by the completion, regular review and communication of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Put in place effective controls, remedial actions and plan initiatives to minimise non-conformance.
- Initiate Safety Tours, Inspections and conduct scheduled H&S internal audits and external audits on the HSE activities of key suppliers to the business (as leader of audit processes).
Health and Safety Manager - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a minimum of a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
- CMIOSH or working towards
- Experience of customer and supplier audits
- Pro-active and hands on approach to health and safety
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.