45000-50000 Per Annum
over 4 years ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £45k - £50k plus excellent benefits
A large multi-national FMCG Manufacturing company are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager - Overview:
The role of the Safety Manager is to advise the Directors and Managers on all Health, Safety and Environment matters to ensure the Company complies with its statutory obligations. You should use your skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in workplace.
You'll be responsible for ensuring that employers and workers comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
Health and Safety Manager - Responsibilities and Tasks:
* Provide guidance and leadership to the business on H, S & E best practice
* Translate H, S & E regulatory requirements into deliverable policies and practices
* Keep abreast of H, S & E Legislation and liaise with the legal authorities
* Review H, S & E data, information, legislation etc. and communicate to management as required
* Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced
* outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
* Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy
* Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
* Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
* Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers
* Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry
* Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins
* Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
* Manage Projects linked to improvement with HS&E on site.
* Any reasonable additional duties requested or delegated by your manager.
Health and Safety Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
* Hold a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
* Member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH
* Came from the FMCG environment, ideally pharmaceuticals or cosmetics
* Have a pro-active and hands on approach
* Be an influencer and able to gain buy in at all levels
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.