40000-42000 Per Annum
over 3 years ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary: Circa £40k
A local, specialist manufacturing company are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager - Job Description:
Reporting to the UK Managing Director, the principal duties of the Health, Safety and Environment Manager are:
- Implementation of preventative actions
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health
- Undertaking risk assessments and site inspections
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely
- Identifying potential hazards
- Determining ways of reducing risks
- Writing internal health and safety policies/strategies
- Compiling statistics
- Drawing up safe operational practices and making necessary changes
- Writing reports, bulletins and newsletters
- Making presentations to groups of employees/managers
- Providing health and safety meetings and training courses for employees
- Liaising with relevant authorities
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Implementation and monitoring of ISO 14001
Health and Safety Manager - Skills and Competencies
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Nebosh Diploma or Equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
- Member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH
- Calm, patient and assertive
- Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills.
- Capable of acquiring and applying detailed legal, technical and regulatory information.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have the ability to remain professional at all times
- Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Be adaptable and approachable
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.