50000 Per Annum
almost 4 years ago
Health and Safety Manager
Location: Project Based in Belgium (Rue de Roseaux 7331 Baudour Belgium Mons)
3 weeks on 1 week off rotation, use of a fuel card, 10 days Belgium Bank Holidays
Travel cost to and from work if coming from UK. No Car supplied
Existing accommodation currently available (shared apartment)
Ideally Belgium based with a strong command of the English Language but would also consider someone from the UK.
A large construction company who build large scale data-centers are now looking for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Their client is one of the worlds biggest and well know companies and being part of this project would be an opportunity not to miss.
Health and Safety Manager - Job Role:
- Establish and promote best practice in safety, heath, environment, sustainability and quality (SHESQ) matters in conjunction with SHESQ function.
- Advise and support Managers and supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the SHESQ of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by legislation and company procedures.
- Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
- Support management teams to ensure compliances with all requirements stipulated in the SHESQ plans.
- Carry out regular inspections of site and workplaces to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with company policy, procedures and the relevant statutory provisions.
- Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the company procedure and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid and reoccurrences.
- Collate business / contract SHESQ statistics in a timely manner for reporting purposes.
- Review SHESQ information to identify trends and areas for improvement. Develop and implement SHESQ campaigns and improvement plans.
- Assist in the preparation and review of project SHESQ documents.
- Provide support to project teams in the development of SHESQ plans.
- Produce SHESQ plans, procedures and associated documentation.
- Identify significant SHESQ issues / help set-up contract / appropriate controls.
- Identify SHESQ consents / permits or exemptions that are required and ensure they are obtained.
- Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with legislation, company procedures and contract requirements.
- Provide reports, presentations and information as directed by the company.
- Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
- Support the business in the delivery of the audit programme.
- Undertake SHESQ audits as required.
- Providing input into pre-qualification, tender and SHESQ award submissions.
- Stopping work with the agreement of the site management at any time of the works is in question.
- Disseminate information issued by the SHESQ function to relevant employees.
- Participate in working groups.
- Participate in the work of committees and joint consultations affecting the workforce as required.
Health and Safety Manager - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the construction industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Ideally be a member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma qualification or equivalent in occupational health and safety
- Ideally have experience of ISO 9001 & ISO 14001
- Hold a CSCS Card
- Strong IT skills (google sheets experience would be highly advantageous).
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.