Health and Safety Manager
35000-45000 Per Annum
about 3 years ago
Position: Regional Health and Safety Manager
Location: Homebased covering the UK
Salary: £35K - £45K
Benefits: Company car, pension, Life assurance, Income protection and Private healthcare.
Holidays: 25days plus 8 bank holidays (33 days holiday)
Locations: 11 sites across the UK including 8 manufacturing sites and 3 clinics
A specialist manufacturing company who produce state of the art products for amputees and disabled people are now looking for a regional Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager - Key Duties & Objectives:
- Establish the existence of Health & Safety policies and procedures manuals, and ensure employee awareness of them
- Ensure business is legally compliant with all the health and safety legislations and any legislative updates are communicated to all the branches
- Proper and timely assessments of risks to health and safety, and implementation of measures and arrangements identified as necessary from these assessments.
- Ensure that risk assessments are sent through for review and kept as a central reference.
- Being first point of contact for introduction and approval of new COSHH products, carry out COSHH risk assessments and ensure control measures are appropriate
- Schedule annual health surveillance as appropriate and work with all branch managers/HR to address any findings from these health surveillance
- Responsible for all safety inspections across all the branches (such as noise testing, air monitoring)
- Accidents and incidents and near misses are recorded and monitored, and where necessary reported to the relevant bodies (e.g. RIDDOR)
- Collate bi-monthly PPE spot checks from branch reps/workshop managers and follow up any non-compliances with branch managers to ensure informal conversations are being carried out if required
- To co-ordinate both internal and external audits at specified intervals
- All reports and documents related to the Health & Safety management system (for example meeting minutes, non-conformances, customer feedback) are completed in accordance with the relevant documented procedures and submitted to Head Office for analysis
- Liaison as appropriate with other organisations and relevant authorities and standards bodies (e.g. HSE)
- To co-ordinate any training needs related to Health and Safety, which have been identified and communicated by Branch Manager and/or nominated representatives.
- To hold regular communication meetings with the Branch Health & Safety Representatives.
- To visit all branches at regular intervals to ensure good communication is maintained and procedures are working and being maintained in the environment for which they are designed
- Ensure implementation and compliance by all locations to H&S regulations
- To work with Branch Managers and nominated Branch Health & Safety Representatives to ensure:
- A safe workplace without any risk to health
- Adequate provision of first aid personnel and facilities
- Safety of machinery, and safe movement, storage and use of articles and substances
- The workplace satisfies health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitary, washing and rest facilities.
- Prevention and precautions against, or control of exposure to hazardous substances, and manual handling risks
Health and Safety Manager - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate Must come from the Manufacturing / Engineering industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or Equivalent
- Member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH
- Experience of managing multi-sites in excess of 6 plus
- Able to work on your own and travel across the UK
- Extensive experience with COSHH
- Have a hands on approach to HSE
- Be intelligent, approachable and engaging
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.