35000-50000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary: Circa £35k - £45k
A local composite manufacturing company are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager – Job Role:
Purpose:The HSE Manager will be responsible for driving Health, Safety and Environment awareness across the company.
The successful candidate will need to provide professional health, safety and environmental advice to both the company sites, ensuring that risks are effectively identified, managed and monitored. This role is designed to add value to the company by coaching managers and employees to engage in sound HSE working practices and identifying areas of improvement within the Company.
Health and Safety Manager - Scope:
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the candidate is required to take a lead role on all HSE duties across the business, working closely with departments and assisting line managers to understand their goals and accountabilities in relation to HSE.
Health and Safety Manager - Responsibilities
- Encouraging innovative ways of working and challenging existing operational practices to continually enhance and drive HSE excellence
- Supporting the creation and delivery of strategic HSE activities
- Supporting the delivery and revision of key site documentation
- Responsible for frontline HSE advice across the site
- Owning and driving a culture of safety onsite
- Motivating, coaching and encouraging all personnel in HSE matters
- To assist in ensuring that operates within its environmental permits and other permissions and that significant breaches and risks are brought to the company’s attention
- Monitor and update the key schedules where specified
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual company HSE reports for Directors/Senior Management
- Manage critical suppliers’ audits and internal processes to minimise HSE risk
- Defining and delivering appropriate HSE training interventions within the business to ensure employees are competent to deliver their accountabilities
- Conducting risk reviews and gap assessments to identify non-conformance and address areas of concern
- Ensuring that serious incidents are thoroughly investigated both internally and with insurers to determine root cause, prevent recurrence and identify areas of improvement
- Managing and handling internal, third party (sub-contractor) and external audits; managing and responding to external stakeholders as required
- Review, monitor, analyse and report HSE metrics, objectives and targets for business improvement
- Management of Annual Health Surveillance & Occupational Health referrals
- Ensuring the company is compliant on all legislative requirements
- Developing and implementing HSE systems and processes and ensuring they are followed
- Ensuring the safety of all employees and visitors on site
Health and Safety Manager - Person Specification:
The competencies listed are appropriate to the HSE Manager and are an illustration of the qualities that the Company requires.
- Previous hands on HSE experience as an HSE Advisor/HSE Manager within a manufacturing environment, preferably with an engineering background.
- Understanding of chemical use & COSHH
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent
- Chartered Member of IOSH or working towards
- To be fully conversant with ISO 9001, 14001, 45001
- Strong practical understanding of relevant UK Health, Safety & Environmental legislation
- Ability to lead and make decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyse and report data effectively.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.