40000-45000 Per Annum
10 months ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £40k - £45k
A local chemical manufacturing company are now looking for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager - Core Purpose:
To manage, maintain, implement and communicate on a day-to-day basis, Health, Safety and Environmental. To ensure both legal compliance is adhered to and best practice is adopted to ensure that the companies “True North” principles are robustly embedded, maintained and communicated across the site. To provide professional advice, information and guidance on legal standards and best practice to all teams and individuals based across the site.
Health and Safety Manager - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be the custodian of the sites specific HSE improvement plans, to ensure that the plans are kept updated, communicated.
- To develop and ensure that all local safety management systems are maintained and kept up to date at both sites.
- To be the sites subject matter expert for Health & Safety.
- To be the site lead for Environmental improvement activity and to spearhead an ongoing CI approach towards environmental risk issues.
- Site lead contact with Head Office for all Environmental, Sustainability and CSR issues
- To ensure all site-based safety data is captured, logged and recorded.
- To provide high quality professional advice to Line Managers on all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and good practice.
- To act as site lead for any safety-based audits, legislative based visits or inspections.
- To ensure that systems and procedures for recording and investigating accidents are complied with.
- To collate, analyse and interpret accident statistics, including weekly reports where comparisons and trends can be identified and appropriate corrective action taken.
- To identify areas of significant risk, accident trends and provide possible solutions.
- To input all accident and incident data onto local and group databases to ensure regulatory compliance reporting standards are maintained- e.g., RIDDOR, OSHA.
- To coordinate and attend all site-based Health, Safety and Environment meetings and provide relevant information to ensure proactive outcomes.
- To ensure that site has sufficient, competent and trained H&S teams to ensure all potential risk areas are covered e.g. – First aiders, fire marshals, H+S champions,
- Risk assessments: to assist in and to ensure the quality of task-based assessments, manual handling and COSHH assessments.
- Risk assessments: to ensure that both sites have a comprehensive, updated and relevant suite of risk assessments to cover – Task based activities, COSHH, Manual handling, Engineering activities and office-based working.
- To work with the Company insurers on Employee Liability claims, including investigation, collation of evidence and if necessary, court appearances.
Health and Safety Manager – Person Requirements
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
• Hold a NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ or NVQ in Occupational Health and Safety or similar
• Ideally be CMIOSH or working towards
• Ideally hold an Environmental Management Qualification such as NEBOSH or IEMA
• Ideally have a strong chemical background either COSHH OR COMAH
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.