40000-45000 Per Annum
almost 2 years ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary: Circa £40k - £45k
A local warehousing and distribution company are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager – Overview
- Point of contact for all HSE matters across multi sites (within the Manchester region).
- Acting as competent person for the business providing support and advising management on all HSE matters.
- Liaising with Group HSEQ Manager and central compliance team.
- Undertaking risk assessments and developing safe systems of work etc
- Supporting the development of a positive HSE culture across the organisation, so we become an industry leader.
- Input into bids and tender documents as required.
- Ensure Customer audits and corporate responsibility and other customer standards are understood and adhered to.
- Client liaison on all HSE matters.
- Promotion of Health & Wellbeing initiatives so staff across all sites.
- Identifying areas of concern and supporting line managers.
- Taking part in health and safety meetings and committee and employee consultation.
- Ensure compliance with all current HSE legislation and applicable standards.
- Promote and support near miss reporting.
- Perform/support site HSE inspections and audits.
- Monitor and ensure corrective actions are closed out as required.
- Undertaking and supporting accident and incident investigations.
- Ensure the company meets its environmental obligations and is environmentally compliant. all projects are meeting environmental obligations.
- Producing and reporting of KPI`s.
- Identifying areas where 'lean principals' can be applied.
- Keeping up to date with changes in HSE legislation and best practice and communicating this information to the site management.
- Developing and delivering HSE and identifying training requirements.
- Ensure safe contractor management and permit to work systems.
Health and Safety Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ or NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- CMIOSH or working towards
- Ideally have a strong manufacturing background or Warehousing & Distribution background
- Ideally have a COMAH or Chemicals background (Not essential)
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.