35000-45000 Per Annum
7 months ago
Health and Safety Manager
Salary: Circa £35k - £45k depending upon experience
12months fixed term contract
A large engineering and manufacturing company are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager – Job Role
We have vacancy for a Safety, Health and Environmental Officer, to assist in the implementation, monitoring and review of necessary systems and procedures, in order to improve the company HSE performance and to ensure legal compliance.
Reporting to the Safety Health & Environmental Manager the main duties will be:
- Ensuring the site remains in compliance with COMAH legislation
- Looking after all aspects of the sites safety environmental management system such as, being involved in plant inspections, system ISO 14001 audits, incident investigations environmental incidents, report writing and, contributing further to developing the safety environmental management system
- Development of policies and procedures
- Investigation of accidents, incidents, near misses and concerns and following up actions
- Carrying out Risk Assessments
- Supporting Safety Representatives
- Building and sustaining the emergency management systems
- Working closely with other departments Operations to understand how work activities occur and offer advice and guidance for improvements
Health and Safety Manager - Required Skills
The ideal candidate must come from a manufacturing background as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
- Management systems and risk assessments with knowledge of Root Cause techniques
- Incident investigation skills
- Auditing/Inspection knowledge/Experience
- Good people skills with the ability to work collaboratively at all levels and knowledge of building an interdependent culture
- Ability to Train effectively, influence and coach & mentor
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.