40000-42000 Per Annum
over 2 years ago
Health and Safety Officer
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
A local successful and progressive manufacturing company are now looking for a Health and Safety Officer to join their team.
The Company has progressed in production over the years due to substantial and continual investment in both new plant and professional staff.
One of the most recent developments is opening a Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plant in 2017.
Health and Safety Officer - Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a junior Health & Safety Officer, supporting the team based at their site near Newark, Nottinghamshire and covering other sites as and when required.
Reporting to Group Health & Safety and Environmental Manager you will develop and build strong professional relationships with the team at all levels offering day to day support, advice and coaching and proactively promote health & safety compliance and continuous improvements across the business.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and implement a working knowledge of all related legislation and ensure compliance.
- Support the formulation of safety documentation
- Undertake site inspections & audits if required.
- To assist the SHE Manager in maintaining & developing the company's Integrated Management System,
- Hazard recognition system input and close out
- To improve the company's Health and Safety performance by monitoring & engagement to ensure continual improvement.
- Monitoring improvement actions to ensure they are implemented.
- Monitor action close out to ensure implementation and report as required.
Health and Safety Officer - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Officer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
You will hold a NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and safety or equivalent
This role would suit a graduate.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.