40000-45000 Per Annum
about 5 years ago
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Salary: £35k - £45k
We are working with a leading chemical manufacturing company in Gravesend to recruit a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - Job Role:
- Provide support as part of the SSHE team to all company activities ensuring the safety & health of employees and environment protection, in compliance with regulations, company policies and guidelines.
- To monitor and devise relevant HSE metrics
- To implement HSE campaigns and administer staff training
- To maintain and revise site practices, procedures and documentation relating to HSE
- To enforce company policies and standards and act as a champion of good SHE behaviors
- Ensure compliance with ISO14001:2015 by managing the activities of the Environmental Management System within the plant, implementing all necessary requirements.
- To issue company-wide communications relating to SSHE issues
- To administer the SSHE Team budget and monitor spend
- To devise proposals for projects relating to SSHE
- To produce reports and presentations to Senior Management and Operational Staff
- To conduct investigations and interviews in relation to SSHE incidents
- To act as competent person and as point of contact for external agencies
- To advise on fire safety and emergency response
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager- Key Skills:
The ideal candidate will come from the manufacturing industry as a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Ideally Degree qualified but not essential
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Or equivalent
- CMIOSH or working towards
- Good knowledge of relevant UK and European safety legislation, including Fire Safety
- Good knowledge of ISO14001
- Good technical knowledge gained through experience of a manufacturing environment
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.