Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
40000-60000 Per Annum
over 1 year ago
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Location: Andover, Hampshire
Salary: £40k - £60k plus excellent benefits
A multi-national manufacturing and engineering company now requires a passionate health, safety and environmental Manager to join their team.
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - Responsibilities
- Leads / manages SHE programs, compliance and results for a smaller business, facility or geography.
- May also manage Center of Excellence programs or processes (i.e., such as personnel safety, industrial hygiene, environmental safety, compliance).
- Works with leaders to identify SHE priorities and programs for the area managed, including performance metrics, communication and change management.
- Implements corporate, regional or divisional policies and programs.
- Gives feedback with regards to changes needed for local compliance, communication or business relevance.
- Develops location or business group specific programs to address local needs.
- Ensures that required monitoring of operations or industrial exposures is in place. Provides technical leadership and functional guidance for health standards promulgated by regulatory authorities.
- Coordinates ECAP and other audits of area managed; works with leadership to ensure findings are addressed.
- Keeps informed on all existing and proposed changes in occupational health and safety regulations and ensures compliance in areas managed.
- Provides local regulatory reporting if required. Ensures that leading and lagging SHE metrics are collected.
- Reviews metrics, trends and actions with Leadership team supported
- Provide competent and technical health, safety and environmental advice (SHE) and guidance to business management working in partnership with assurance managers
- Play an active role in the culture development towards SHE and ‘think safety first’
- Carry out and provide assistance to management in the investigation of incidents, hazards or occupational ill health, as appropriate to business needs and commensurate with potential outcome
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - Essential skills:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager. You will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Dip, NCRQ or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
- Proven ability to lead, develop and implement programs and processes.
- CMIOSH or Working towards
- Must have a working knowledge of OHSAS 45001 and ISO 14001 management systems and have the ability to introduce them within our business. (Ideally Lead Auditor)
- The ability to promote and deliver a culture of health and Safety.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.