35000-45000 Per Annum
over 2 years ago
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Salary: £35k - £45k
A local engineering company who manufacture products for a number of industries including Automotive, Aerospace and Medical Devices are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager - Job profile:
Presenting a high safety profile by conducting audits, regular tours, inspections, spot checks and communicating HSE matters with all members of staff. The purpose of this position is to direct and support activities across the site to effectively plan and manage Health Safety & Environmental systems. Ensuring that procedures and policies are being followed, implemented and are appropriate to fully comply with legal and operational requirements of the business.
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - The Role
- Liaise with all Regulatory Bodies on operational health, safety and environmental matters to ensure the business remains compliant in all aspects and be the lead representative for the Company with such bodies.
- Monitor HSE legislation, regulatory and other, to ensure continued compliance in the event of any new legislation.
- Liaise fully with management and employees to ensure environmental matters are successfully managed, in compliance with statutory requirements and the Environmental Agency (EA).
- Take a lead role in target setting and performance management to deliver business objectives.
- Responsible for business Continuity Planning.
- In the event of accidents, incidents or near misses and with the support of all parties conduct / prepare corrective & preventative action reports to prevent repetition.
- Communicate and report to all internal, external stakeholders and regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Co-ordinating internal health and safety management system reviews, business planning & strategy meeting.
- Lead HSE committee meetings.
- Ensure both internal and external supplier HSE audits are planned and conducted across the site for effective close out inside the annual audit plan.
- Ensure that the regular inspections and monitoring of environmental performance is conducted, including regular monitoring by outside agencies.
- As the Management Representative this role shall ensure the ISO 14001 environmental management system is maintained and improved.
- Nominated responsible person for Legionella.
- Responsible for CoSHH.
- Administers the site H&SE employee idea improvement program.
- Ensures HSE training records are up to date for all employees.
- Delivers the annual permit report to the Environmental Agency.
- Co-ordination of employee health surveillance checks. Control the company's Chlorine Plant Manual and responsibility for exotic metal etch facility to ensure safe working practices and a complete record of the plants detailed operation and specification is maintained
- Review and revise as necessary the company's health and safety policy and submit any such revisions to the site's Managing Director for approval
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - The Candidate
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety or Equivalent
- CMIOSH or working towards
- Ideally hold an Environmental Management Certificate or member of IEMA
- Experience with COSSH or COMAH
- Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control ( IPPC) experienced
- OHSAS 18001 Auditor (ISO 45001)
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.