22000-25000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 1 year ago
Location: Staplehurst, Kent
Due to continued growth and expansion my client is currently recruiting for a Shipping & Despatch Assistant to join their team. The role requires assisting a small, close-knit team with all aspects of the shipping and despatch function, along with other administrative duties. To be considered for this role you will need to possess the ability to work within a small team, be numerate, have excellent attention to detail and be adaptable to helping colleagues as and when needed.
Import/Export Administrator – Job Role:
- To support the Import/Export Manager in daily shipping activities
- Assist with arranging carriers to ship goods & material, working with suppliers to obtain best prices
- Assist with all necessary shipping paperwork, including commercial invoices, packing lists & labels.
- Assist with customs clearances and ensuring on time delivery
- Updating the sales team with shipment information & assisting them with shipping quotations as required.
- Providing cover for packing department when required
Import/Export Administrator – Person Requirements:
- Good interpersonal skills for dealing with suppliers & customers
- Experience of import/export documentation handling, control and procedures preferred, however full training will be provided
- High level of IT proficiency – experience of Word/ Excel and MRP systems
- High standard of written English
- Good organisational skills & time management.
- Eye for detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Team player
- Willingness to learn – potential for progression for the right person
- Desirable Skills:
- Experience of import/export documentation handling, control and procedures
- Experience of worldwide customs procedures
- Experience of a production environment with the challenges of shipping goods worldwide
- Knowledge of engineering/fabrication