30000-40000 Per Annum
about 3 years ago
Location: West Brom, Birmingham
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
A local Automotive Manufacturing company are now looking for a LEAN Engineer to join their team.
LEAN Engineer - Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice Lean vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Lean activities
- Establish Standardised work, TPM, QCO, 5S and Visual controls within the business.
- General and Task Management
- Develop a robust continuous improvement strategy in partnership with the Management Team and key business stakeholders
- Implement and support cultural change across the organisation and drive business improvement Provide project management, analytical and research skills and expertise to communicate with stakeholders
- Develop, deliver and support delivery of business improvement change initiatives in line with best practice, producing supporting improvement process documentation.
- Provide expertise, professional advice and guidance to the business in business improvement, drawing from proven industry practice and methodologies
- Report on progress of projects, understanding the risks, dependencies, resourcing, issues, critical milestones and forthcoming pipeline, and actions necessary to ensure success
- Undertake business process analysis, statistical analysis for improvement projects and to support wider change
- Lead, define and develop continuous improvement activities designed to improve performance, such as the planning and running of lean events
- Produce written reports and create presentations based on results where required
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors Requirements
LEAN Engineer - Person Requirements:
He ideal candidate MUST come from a manufacturing background as a LEAN Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a recognised engineering qualification such as BEng, HNC or HND
- Experience of working as Lean Implementation \ Continuous Improvement Engineer in a product design, manufacture and supply environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines at a practical level, with flexible approach to working hours whilst being a motivated team player.
- Process driven, detailed and solutions orientated, with experience of working in a formal, continuous improvement culture and understanding of lean manufacturing tools techniques (5S \ TPM \ Std Work \ Line Balancing)
- Excellent logical reasoning, root cause analysis, deductive problem-solving and analytical abilities. Strong effective decision making, organizational, time management, communication and IT skills
- A good knowledge of automotive components both Mechanical & Electronic
This position is a permanent, full time role working Monday to Friday between the hours of 7am and 3.30pm.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.