24273-29000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £24,273.60 - £29k
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Logistics Controller to join one of the world leading manufacturers of mobile elevated work platforms based at our manufacturing facility in Milton Keynes. In return we offer competitive pay rates, overtime premiums, business performance bonuses, 25 days holiday which increases with service, bank holidays, healthcare scheme, 5% contributory pension, death in service / life insurance and profit related bonus scheme.
The Logistics Controller will accurately stock control and safely handle materials (raw material, engineered parts, consumables, and finished products), through goods in, stores, line feeding, issuing / kitting parts, yard area (delivery / storage / collection), chassis preassembly and marshalling, spares / warranty, and stores development.
The role requires operating to high quality / workmanship standards within a work class manufacturing team and facility.
Logistics/ Stores Controller - Responsibilities would include:
- Efficient organisation and control of allocated logistics tasks / operations, including compliance with health and safety standards, flexibility, and development of skills through the complete stock control process. Plus, training of new team members.
- Full adherence / compliance with departmental and ISO 45001 procedures, and total quality focus throughout all direct / indirect stages of the stores process to achieve a quality product aligned to the customer’s specification / expectations.
- Maintaining accurate information on the company’s documentation / computerised manufacturing system, through ensuring accurate recording of quantities, part identification, and part location. Monitor, control and requisition the range of consumables held within the stores areas.
- Stock takes and cycle checks to be performed in line with company procedures. All inaccuracies to be highlighted (where low stock exists), stock adjustments made, and the cause identified and prevented from reoccurring.
- Maintain a high standard of maintenance and housekeeping throughout. 5’s to be sustained.
- Safe operation and compliance with daily maintenance of the company’s material handling / forklift trucks.
- Attending and actioning requirements from daily stakeholder team meetings. Continuous improvement through lean manufacturing implementation.
- Working as a team to achieve customer quality, delivery, cost, and innovation requirements. Ensuring company procedures are complied with.
Logistics / Stores Controller – Person Requirements & Benefits:
- Material handling.
- Use of FLT(Flexi/Bendi), Counterbalance preferable.
- Computer skills to include the use of Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook.
- A good communicator at all levels within the business as well as with customers is fundamental therefore must have a high standard of spoken and written English.
- Friendly and approachable personality with a willingness to help others, who thrives in a dynamic team to ensure world class customer service is given.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
Stores: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving License (preferred)
- Forklift Counterbalance License (preferred)
- Forklift License (preferred)
Working Hours & Salary:
- Hours - 08.00 - 16.30 Monday - Friday (with regular structured overtime).
- Salary - Guaranteed basic starting salary £10.42 x 40 hours, plus guaranteed minimum £50 per week bonus - £24,273.60.
- Structured skill levels with a basic of £10.42 per hour x 40 hours per week x 52 weeks.
- Level A - Overtime paid at premium rate of £15.63 per hour (i.e. x 1.5).
- Level B – Overtime paid at premium rate of £20.84 per hour (i.e. x 2.0).
- Plus, additional monthly pay bonuses / incentives aligned to business performance that equate to further payments of £375 to £450 per month on average (for reference only).
- Overtime paid at x1.5 rate & x2.0 on basic hourly rate.
- Profit related bonus (for indication only) based on recent average £500 per annum
- 25 days holiday (increases with service, up to 30 days), plus bank holidays.
- Health cover scheme for dental, optical etc. (Additional Membership available for Partners, paid for by employee. Kids membership included for free)
- 5% contributory pension
- Life insurance scheme.