32000-37000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 3 years ago
Machine Shop Supervisor
Location: West Bromwich
Salary: £32- £37k DOE
A local manufacturing company is looking for a machine shop supervisor to join their team. To oversee and coordinate the daily activities of a busy Machine Shop. Implement ISO 9001 quality standards while achieving the appropriate level of service to customers within the time scale given. Ultimately, you should be able to ensure that daily Machine Shop operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations and introduce the procedures to achieve these goals.
Machine Shop Supervisor - Key Responsibilities
- Manage busy production schedules of the Machine shop to high standards of quality and productivity.
- Plan and Lead Machine Shop staff training matrices, looking to up-skill current employees.
- Management of Machine shop time sheets and outputs, Leadership of timekeeping, absence and performance.
- Management of tooling, programs, drawings and materials
- Ensure all Machine Shop staff adherence to the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Manage Machine shop housekeeping standards, Create improvement projects across the Machine shop.
- Monitoring MRP system and strictly working towards the production schedule
- Manage the maintenance requirements of the Machine shop machinery
Machine Shop Supervisor - Qualifications
- Proven track record at Managerial level within a busy Machine Shop
- Strong working knowledge of modern CNC controls, specifically Milling & Turning
- Good understanding of all types of conventional and CNC machine tools
- Worked in a make to order environment on small to medium sized batch sizes
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Experience in lean manufacturing techniques
- Experience in training and developing a skilled team
- Experience in working with MRP/ERP software in a machine shop
- Experience in working with CAD/CAM software in a machine shop
- Education: HNC equivalent or higher in an engineering, or Management subject and relevant time served experience in a similar environment
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavor to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful, but please feel free to contact us for an update.