41000-44000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 1 year ago
6.6 weeks annual leave
A large manufacturing company are now looking for an Maintenance Engineer
to join their team.
Maintenance Engineer – Responsibility
- Maintain all machinery to provide optimum functionality.
- Attend breakdowns and conduct effective and efficient fault finding to resolve component failures.
- Support and assist Mechanical engineering activities when and where required.
- Ensure that mechanical maintenance tasks are completed on time in full.
- Supervise and support contractors when required.
- Fully understand the operational protocols associated with alarm conditions.
- Responsible as first contact point from ADT in the event of a fire and to provide accurate and relevant information.
- To support and fully utilise a Computer Maintenance Management System on a daily basis adhering to accurate control of stock.
- Escalate crisis management by effectively providing the business with accurate assessments and constructive solutions where appropriate.
- Undertake upgrades and installations.
- To ensure that all preventative maintenance tasks are conducted in a timely fashion and documented accurately.
- Actively maintain a clean and organised working environment.
- Communicate clearly and constructively any risks that you may be aware of or identify.
- Provide accurate root cause for all breakdown incidents and corrective actions to resolve and restore functionality.
- Provide suggestions for improvement concepts and ideas which will reduce breakdown and/or time to repair.
- Test and inspect mechanical systems.
- Provide support and training for lesser experienced engineers and apprentices.
- To undertake any other tasks or duties commensurate with this role
Maintenance Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Maintenance Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Higher Diploma / NVQ mechanical qualification
- Minimum of 5 yrs experience working in an mechanical manufacturing environment
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills to effectively liaise with colleagues, management, suppliers, and manufacturers.
- Ability to identify root cause quickly and effectively.
- Motivated to provide robust, long term solutions.
- Challenge the ‘norm’ by providing alternative solutions with the objective to improve on the current state.
- Confident, accurate decision making.
- Ability and experience interpreting technical drawings.
- PC literate – PC and MS office skills
- A willingness to learn new technology and systems, attending training courses when required.
- H&S qualified – IOSH / NEBOSH
- MEWP license (IPAF)
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.