34000-37000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
12 months ago
Shifts: 6.00pm – 6.00am Wed – Fri with 4 days off. Perm Nights
Maintenance Engineer – Overview
This is a great opportunity to join a leading brand who manufacturing household products. The company are now looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
Maintenance Engineer – Responsibility
- To maintain all the plant, equipment, buildings and related infrastructure, including planned and reactive maintenance, to the required Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental standards.
- Ensure that machinery is ready for use at start up, support where needed.
- Ensure that all maintenance, repairs, improvements and developments are undertaken safely, efficiently, effectively and at minimum cost across all aspects of the site’s equipment, processes, site services and buildings.
- To ensure that contractors under engineering control follow instructions correctly in order to minimise risk of health and safety and environmental incidents.
- To devise, develop, modify and improve maintenance procedures in line with manufacturers’ recommendations and the knowledge of group and site experience.
- To assist with process and production to continuously improve operations, safety and to minimise waste and energy.
- To manage contractors for project, servicing or specialist maintenance work as necessary to ensure compliance with legislation, food safety and site hygiene standards and requirements
- Effective communication with Production and Technical. To work closely and meet regularly with team leaders and managers from operations to understand their needs and objectives.
- To ensure that maintenance records and relevant documentation are kept up to date and retrievable for internal use, customer requirements, and statutory purposes and to ensure that critical equipment and instruments are maintained and calibrated to ensure compliance with the standard requirements.
Maintenance Engineer - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Maintenance Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a recognized engineering qualification such as C&G, HNC or HND or Time Served apprenticeship
- Both electrical and mechanical skillset (multiskilled)
- Experience of FMCG type environment.
- Experience with CMMS systems
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.