24000-28000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
almost 4 years ago
Location: Stoke on Trent
Salary: £24 - £28k DOE
Days 8am - 4:45pm Monday - Friday
A local manufacturer of timber components is looking for a Maintenance and Tooling Engineer to join their team. The company has a stock range of its most popular styles but also has a highly specialised bespoke manufacturing service that uses the latest CNC machining centres
Maintenance Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Oversee the execution of all engineering & tooling activities.
- Provide motivation and support to production staff with regard to tooling and machine set-ups, when required.
- Liaise with contractors & suppliers to ensure engineering work, projects, breakdowns, tooling issues are completed / supplied to the required standard & time-scale.
- Maintain tooling to the highest possible standard & availability level. Organise and carry out a planned refurbishment / sharpening routine in conjunction with the production schedule.
- Constantly seek out ways to improve production processes & tooling in order to improve output, reliability, quality & safety.
- Complete planned maintenance activities to schedule & time-scale, ensuring machines are maintained to their optimum level.
The candidate will have carried out at least three years prior experience in a similar role where they have had responsibility for day to day maintenance of machinery.
Maintenance Engineer - Qualifications
- Must have current full driving license
- Engineering Maintenance Level 3 or equivalent - qualified to carry out fitting, wiring and testing equipment/circuits, maintaining electrical, mechanical and fluid power equipment.
In Job Training:
In order to carry out the above tasks the company will provide training in:
- Day to day tool servicing - training in the use of a Weinig Profile Grinding Machine and Optical Measuring Stand.
- Set-up and Operation of Production Machines - to assist with maintenance and daily tool care, training will be given on our production machinery.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavor to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful, but please feel free to contact us for an update.