50000-55000 Per Annum
about 3 years ago
Salary: Circa £50k plus excellent benefits
A local textiles manufacturing company are now looking for an experienced Manufacturing Manager to join their team.
Manufacturing Manager - Main Duties: Responsible for the effective operation of manufacturing areas in line with agreed KPI's and the needs of the organisation.
Manufacturing Manager - Key Responsibilities:
- Develop an efficient means of managing the operation within a broad remit with direct functional control of the Backing Plant Team Leaders
- Improve the cultural identity of the manufacturing unit
- Creation of structured continuous improvement and lean approaches, working closely with the Operations Director
- Efficient management of the departments service and cost base
- Organise and implement appropriate team shift patterns to meet productivity and volume targets
- Improve and maintain visual management of the on-site manufacturing process
- Performance management across the department
- Liaise closely with the Maintenance team and S,H& E Manager
- Recruitment of staff at all necessary levels and of the required quality
Manufacturing Manager - Skills / Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will come from the manufacturing industry as a Manufacturing Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- You will be degree level caliber (degree is not essential)
- Ideally come from the textiles industry but not essential
- Managed large teams over a 3 shift system
- Ideally have experience in LEAN / Continuous Improvement initiatives
- High levels of empathy and influencing skills enabling the delivery of best in class engagement levels
- A skilled communicator at all levels, acting in harmony with other functions that play a pivotal role in the supply chain
- A comprehensive appreciation of the demands of modern logistic systems in manufacturing and sufficiently competent to drive user development of ERP type innovation
- An ambitious, energetic and creative free thinker
- Flexible and adaptable in attitude
- The ability to embrace and engage with change to ensure key business targets are achieved
- A supportive team player who leads by example
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.