32000-38000 Per Annum
over 4 years ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £32,000k - £38,000 plus benefits
Work will be primarily based at the company's office in Fareham, Hampshire, with occasional travel in the UK and overseas.
There will also be a potential opportunity to occasionally work from a home office location.
A local engineering company are now looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
Mechanical Design Engineer - JOB SUMMARY
The main responsibility is to take a leading role for the design and development for the manufacture and supply of a wide range of products and components for customers in the United Kingdom.
- The role includes, liaison with company staff in China and existing clients, and technical support for the development of new business.
- Technical responsibilities include the preparation and maintenance of drawings, product specifications, and other related technical documentation. Commercial responsibilities include the preparation of proposals and quotations for clients.
- The position will suit a candidate with a strong background in product design and development, including manufacture and production, who is seeking a new opportunity to develop their career while utilising their previous experience.
Mechanical Design Engineer - MAIN TASKS
The main tasks to be performed will be:
- Design and development for new and existing product supply projects;
- Preparation and maintenance of drawings and related technical documentation;
- Project engineering with associated technical and quality management support for customers and suppliers.
Mechanical Design Engineer - KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS / EXPERIENCE
- Product and component design capability and experience using 3D modelling techniques;
- Good knowledge and experience of engineering manufacturing techniques and processes;
- Successful record of accomplishment within a technical development environment;
- Experience of technical, production or project management;
- Knowledge of quality assurance related to product development and manufacture.
- Experience in the preparation of commercial quotations and proposals;
- Experience of working with suppliers from China, or other countries in the Far East.
Mechanical Design Engineer - QUALIFICATIONS
- You will hold an engineering qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng
- Design and development experience
- Competent in the use of 3D modelling (e.g. Solidworks) and 2D drawing applications (e.g. AutoCAD).
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.