35000-40000 Per Annum
over 2 years ago
Night Shift Production Manager
Location: Trafford Park
Salary: £35k - £40k
Night Shift Production Manager- THE ROLE
The Night Shift Manager is responsible for the effective running of the Millboard and Beetle production departments on a predominantly nightly basis through management and organisation of the labour force to maximise productivity. This position is also responsible foranalysingproduction targets, auditing quality, conducting H&S inspections and monitoring housekeeping in the department. The Night Shift Manager will also have input into the medium and long term strategies for the Millboard and Beetle manufacturing departments.
The Night Shift Manager will aid the Production Manager in the optimum running of their departments. The job will require the ability to work as part of a management team, working closely with the shop floor toorganiseday-to-day production. This role will require strong man-management skills as the successful candidate will be the most senior member of staff on the night shift.
Night Shift Production Manager - DUTIES OF ROLE
The following list is not exhaustive but rather indicates the areas of responsibilities the Night Shift Manager will be involved in:
- To manage departmental labour performance with the aim of recovering hours from each operator and to maximise output.
- To analyse and meet production KPI’s, identifying issues and areas for improvement.
- Tomaximiseefficiency on each job byreviewing current production methods and machine utilisation etc.
- To assess production operative skills, identify opportunities for improvement and implementing ideas in coordination with the management team.
- Tooptimisematerial usage, recycling or reusing materials wherever possible and minimising waste.
- To monitor and identify internal rejects, investigate and resolve customer complaints and then propose and implement corrective actions.
- To carry out random quality audits ensuring that cell leaders are performing their respective quality checks and relevant paperwork is completed correctly.
- To monitor aspects of health and safety in the department. Carrying out H&S inspections in the department, checking andensuring that all operatives are suitably trained.
- To perform interviews, investigations and reviews with employees as required by the role such as return to work interviews, disciplinary investigations, performance management and appraisal reviews.
- To create internal and external purchase requisitions and allocate spend to correct cost centres and account codes.
- Organise and manage continuous improvement projects within the department, tracking and reporting on progress made on a regular basis.
- Submit maintenance requests for any issues arising in department such as machine breakdowns
- Respond to Near Miss reports and ensure preventative actions are completed
- To inspect departmental housekeeping and to organize deep cleaning schedules and maintain the highest standards of housekeeping in the department.
- To work towards long-term goals to ensure continued business growth.
- To ensure effective handovers to day shift Supervisors and Production Manager.
- Motivating employees towards maintaining high standards in their work and overcoming any difficulties.
Night Shift Production Manager - EDUCATION/TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE
- 5 years’ experience at supervisory/management level in a fast paced manufacturing/engineering environment
- Experience of people management is essential
- Excellent report writing skills
- NEBOSH qualification is desirable
- Previous experience of working within a BSI audited environment
- Experience of vacuum forming and/or paper mill production is desirable
- Previous experience of using ERP systems
Night Shift Production Manager - PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Good leadership qualities and man-management skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to motivate and drive a team of operators to meet difficult and challenging deadlines
- A proven ability to adapt to change regularly in order to overcome a wide range of issues
Night Shift Production Manager - BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- Up to 5% contribution to pension
- Non contractual bonus scheme
- Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Exciting stable career