32000-38000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Shifts: Permanent Nights
£32k - £38k pa - Salary is negotiable depending upon experience
A local Plastic Moulding Company now requires a Senior Shift Setter/Process Engineer to join their team.
Purpose of Role – Process Engineer
- To take ownership of Machine & Process settings by continual viewing/monitoring of conditions on the shift to drive improvement to Quality & OEE performance. Attention will be required to all process settings but in particular water connection settings and temperature controller settings.
- To provide leadership for the setters & technical expertise to the shift structure through problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- To enhance and continuously improve the skill levels of Setters through mentoring and training.
- To review and report back any cycle times running longer than costed/recorded on Job Shop.
- To undertake trial work, managing NPI Project Green, with an aim to achieve time and budget expectations, whilst providing robust Settings for use in production.
- To cover setter roles when less than 2 setters on shift if the single setter is over loaded.
- Run or be involved in Continuous Improvement Projects as directed by the business.
Principal Accountabilities - Process Engineer
- Conduct audit of all machines set during the shift & review any errors with the setter responsible during that same shift in order to train and mentor the setters.
- To deal with process concerns that are outside of the capabilities of the Setting team, whilst ensuring that knowledge is transferred for future skill enhancement.
- On-going training of Setters, with particular attention focussed on enhancing their skills to prepare them for advancement into more senior positions.
- To undertake trials as required by the NPI team and as planned by the planning manager as notated on the Trials Planning Board.
- Deal with matters raised from the +/- 10% Setting change sheet whilst the job is still running wherever possible.
- Standing in for the Shift Manager as is required [this role to be shared with QE when required]
- Process optimisation of jobs that have been highlighted by the Production Manager as needing attention.
- Undertaking Corrective Actions from the PQR or Error Reporting Meeting, or any other forum that generates CARs.
- Attend meetings as required [for example the PQR for Process Engineer working Early shift, shift start up or Gemba meetings].
- Raise, where relevant, comprehensive tool reports
- Provide technical and engineering support at all times.
- Be familiar, in detail, with: the material handling system; the fire alarm; the shutdown procedure; the start-up procedure; building security; the Material Handler role; the Setter role; the Shift Manager role.
- Have a good understanding of the QE and AQL roles.
- To update process packs whenever an omission is noticed
- Assist the Sales team with estimating of potential new projects as well as costing of projects won. To support the Sales team in researching technical solutions to new projects and cost these to support their quotations to the customer.
- To ensure that cell layout is properly thought out, adequately resourced & functioning 5s.
- Participate in and actively promote the company’s CIP by being proactive in suggesting improvements in productivity and efficiency and looking for ways to continually improve the way we work and to reduce waste.
- Good housekeeping – ensure that the factory and surrounding areas are kept tidy and within health and safety guidelines. Particularly ensuring that areas in which you have been working are clear of tools, purgings, rubbish, etc. before shift handover.
- Any other reasonable request from a senior member of staff.
Candidate requirements – Process Engineer
The ideal Shift Setter candidate MUST have experience in the Plastics industry with Injection Moulding experience and ideally have Level 3 Injection Moulding and/or Engineering Degree.
This is a growing and reputable business that thrives on developing its employees and offers fantastic career progression opportunities with an above the market rate of pay.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.