30000-35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 2 years ago
Salary: £30k - £35k
A local engineering company who manufacture heavy plant machinery which is used all around the world are now looking for an experienced Production Engineer to join their team.
Production Engineer - Overview
To support the manufacture of the company's existing and new product range through generating effective engineering information/systems/manufacturing processes and facilities in accordance with H&S legislation.
To implement a successful Lean Manufacturing culture, focusing on continual improvement and the elimination/reduction of all wastes by educating the business and removing non value-added waste from the business processes
Production Engineer - Main tasks
- Generate and maintain accurate build specifications and works order information on the company's manufacturing system (through liaison with Sales and Design/Engineering function);
- Responsible for reviewing/approving efficient drawing issue/drawing changes, plus the control of their introduction, including stock control and updating the company's manufacturing system (build specifications and works orders), plus control of drawing hardcopies. Communicate and support drawing issues / changes with production;
- Administration of controlled build and maintaining the accuracy of the companies bills of materials and part locations. Maintain and develop the build process documentation/instructions used in all areas of production;
- Through liaison with production personnel, review, control and implement effective and efficient improvements to engineering specifications, fixtures/tooling, build operations and logistics organisation;
- Provide support to quality assurance/control activities with reference to supplier, customer and internal quality/engineering issues. Liaison and review with suppliers to resolve engineering queries and manufacturing/engineering cost down improvements. Responsible for hands on analysis, problem solving and development of all production processes, methods and engineering specifications. Maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of all operations and engineering specifications;
- Development of cellular manufacturing/flow line/single piece flow principles through each of the product/supply areas, including value stream mapping, balancing, simplification, tooling, fixtures, and configuration/ergonomics of workstations;
Production Engineer - Qualifications & experience
The ideal candidate MUST come from the engineering industry as a Production Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or 5 years' experience;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma in the manufacturing field preferable;
- Excellent analytical skills combined with good negotiation and conflict management skills
- Project management experience would be beneficial
Production Engineer - Desirable Qualities
- Experience with Production Painting Processes & Electrostatic Painting
- Experience with Air Assisted Airless Painting & Assembly Processes
- Experience with Introducing and Sustaining Logistics based processes
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.