30000-50000 Per Annum
over 2 years ago
Salary: up to £20.00 per hour (£240 per day)
Contract Length – Up to 6 months with the potential to go permanent
A local engineering & manufacturing company are now looking for experienced Hydraulics Engineers or Production Engineer to join their team.
Production Engineer - Description of the Role:
An exciting opportunity to join a newly formed/ consolidated team to “elevate” the production of the VTL135 Transit conversion.
If you have an excellent mechanical/ electrical technical production background, enjoy a challenge, work well in a close-knit team which is driven by high volume expectations, and have the desire to excel then this is for you.
The role will involve the assembly and fitting of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical assemblies to 3.5T commercial vehicles within specific target build hours working to build Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) with the scope to challenge the norm, improve processes, and set the pace.
Production Engineer - Responsible for:
- Assembly and fitting of all mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components to 3.5T commercial vans in compliance with SOPs.
- The completion of function checks upon completion of installation and internal Quality checking of all build aspects before vehicles leave the build area.
- Ensuring that all work completed complies with relevant Health and Safety and Environmental legislation and policy.
- The completion of other tasks as reasonably requested by the Company, e.g. vehicle mechanical and hydraulic installations/panel wiring, welding, paint spraying.
- Diagnostic analysis and troubleshooting of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic and build issues as they arise.
- Team motivation – all team members have a responsibility to ensure there is team cohesivity, good collective working, and ownership throughout.
Production Engineer - Skills and Experience
- The successful applicant must have demonstrable work experience in engineering assembly/ fitting including but not limited to:
- The application of torque including the effects of lubrication.
- Basic hydraulics including the fitting of flow restrictors, filters, and valve banks.
- Hot working including welding and grinding.
- Good hand tool skills and the use of pneumatic and power tools.
- The application of hazardous substances and adherence to the relevant Risk Assessments whilst using PPE as advised.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics.
- Wiring and preparation of looms including splicing, termination, crimping etc
Hydraulics Engineer / Production Engineer – About the person
The ideal candidate will come from a Hydraulics type background as a Hydraulics Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Hold an Hydraulic, engineering qualification such as CETOP, NFPC, PFPA, HNC, HND or BEng
- A strong background in building hydraulic equipment
- understanding of electrics.
- Able to start immediately
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.