40000-45000 Per Annum
almost 2 years ago
Salary: £40k plus excellent benefits
A local family owned business who manufacture bespoke building materials now require a Production Manager who has a strong understanding of LEAN tools and techniques.
Production Manager - The Job
Reporting to the board of directors you will be responsible for leading a team of 2 managers and 14 operatives carrying out a range of automated and manual processes across 2 sites.
The production operation is run according to the principles of TPS and you will have a deep understanding of lean principles, tools and methods and a desire to build a lean culture. You will work closely with the managers at each production site to identify opportunities for improvement in all functions of production operation including but not limited to value adding processes, QC, picking, packing, back office and management systems. You will work alongside front-line staff devising and implementing improvements and provide support and guidance to ensure progress is locked in. As a people focused lean leader, you will have the ability to coach colleagues through improvement cycles ensuring ideas for change are owned by the front-line staff responsible for the work. The company implemented a value based lean system in early 2019 and has made steady progress however the transformation is at an early stage creating a huge opportunity to shape the culture and direction of the department. London Stone is a progressive dynamic organisation where change and improvement is welcomed in all areas of the business. The successful candidate will have a genuine opportunity to make a real impact on the performance of the department and wider business.
Production Manager - Key Responsibilities
- Carry out all duties in accordance with company H & S policy
- Report weekly and monthly performance to BOD and ensure target KPI's are achieved
- Lead the production department lean programme and instil a culture of improvement
- Own the improvement schedule and coordinate incremental and breakthrough projects
- Identify and deliver lean training requirements so operators can develop their own problem-solving capabilities
- Manage scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of all plant and machinery
- Carry out risk assessments of new machinery and equipment
- Inspect and assess critical safety features to ensure compliance with company H&S policy
- Devise and implement reports necessary to achieve the commercial objectives of the department
- Responsibility for staff reviews, development and discipline
- Ensure department operates within constraints of annual budget
- Liaise with sales and logistics teams to ensure customer expectations are exceeded
- Hold a daily stand-up meeting at the start of the shift
Production Manager - Skills
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Production Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experienced of Managing a busy Production team
- Implement lean tools and techniques such as 5s, 8 Wastes, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping etc.
- Ideally hold as LEAN or SixSigma qualification
This role is perfect for an experienced and passionate lean production manager with ideas and energy ready for the challenge of playing a leading role in the lean transformation of a compact and dynamic production operation with enthusiastic support from the senior management team.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.