27000-35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 2 years ago
Salary: Circa £27k- £35k
An injection moulding manufacturer is now looking for a Project Engineer to join their team.
Project Engineer - Duties
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned projects
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interact daily with the customers to interpret their needs and requirements
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans,) and report weekly on project status
- Assign responsibilities and mentor project team using PFU style documents
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project development manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Review project deliverables as defined in the customers overall timing plan and initiate appropriate corrective actions with timings where necessary
- Take ownership and responsibility for arranging all internal trials and R@R's with the relevant customer
- Use visual displays for all projects so everyone is able to see the timing and current status of every project vs the customers' expectations
Project Engineer - Qualification/skills needed
- Project Management including timing plan creation and monitoring of external suppliers timing plans, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures eg. Injection moulding and related assembly methodology
- Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills eg. PFMEA, Control Plans and Work Instructions
- Project documentation skills eg. PPAP, PSW & APQP
- CAD knowledge advantageous
- Ability to read 2D drawings
- Ability to input design ideas for checking fixture and holding fixtures and confirm them once produced
- MSA knowledge would be beneficial
- Capability study knowledge Cp/Cpk
- Ideally knowledge of IATF 16949
- Must be fully conversant with Injection Moulding Process
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.