50000-60000 Per Annum
3 months ago
Location: Altrincham, Greater Manchester
Salary: Circa £50k - £60k
A large construction and engineering company are now looking for a Project Manager to join their team.
Project Manager – Overview
- Develop, define and agree a clear and Project Management Plan initially for the factory project.
- Supporting the team with managing all phases of factory project from beginning to close out.
- Ensure that the project is delivered in line with expectations particularly in terms of budgets, timings and ramp up.
- Ensure there is a formal sign off of scope and manage change via a recognised Change Control process model
- Provide oversight / strategic guidance /audit & review
- Ensure project is managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
- Support with negotiations
- Prepare project schedules, cost estimates and project documentation when required
- Co-ordination and review of management information produced by project management teams
- Support the delivery of project management team outputs, in accordance with agreed timescales and quality standards
- Build and develop strong relationships with clients and members of the cross-functional team
- Set and agree with project team realistic targets to ensure projects are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Embed best practice through the introduction of relevant Standards, Specifications, Procedures and Practices
- Instigate and manage efficiently all post project activities through close-out.
- Instrumental in helping the team understand the phasing of a project and how that gets reflected in terms of multiple pipeline entries.
Project Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the construction or engineering industry as a Project Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Degree level qualification in Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Experienced in project management and the implementation of multiple complex projects in parallel ideally from within Engineering or construction disciplines
- Professionally qualified or working towards qualification with one of the following: RICS, APM, PMI, CIOB, Prince2, MAPM, or equivalent
- Strong IT Skills - Able to operate at high competence level in MS Office suite, particularly PowerPoint, Word, advanced Excel and Microsoft Project
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.