0161 976 3540
5 months ago
Salary: (£524 PW)
A local manufacturer are looking for a prototype fitter to join their team. The successful candidate should have significant experience within a Prototype environment with an aptitude for safety, quality, productivity and problem solving.
Prototype Fitter - Job Role:
• Manufacture heat exchangers from 2D technical drawings
• Measuring components against drawings prior to dispatch
• Preparing dispatch packaging & paperwork
• Able to demonstrate good time management skills to ensure delivery targets are met.
• Utilise problem solving skills to improve productivity within the department
• Responsible for maintaining Health & Safety and housekeeping (5S)
Prototype Fitter – Person Requirements:
• Experience of working within a Prototype Department.
• Fully skilled and apprentice trained in sheet metal work
• Welding skills TIG/MIG with Aluminum experience
• Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings
• Ability to construct patterns and templates for fabrication work
• Excellent machining skills: Turning and milling using 3 axis machining
• Adaptable team player with excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills – the ability to liaise at all levels
• The ability to comprehend instructions, respond effectively and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly
• The ability to work under pressure
• Ability to self-motivate & achieve targets