35000-38000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 2 years ago
A large international automotive manufacturer are looking for an experienced purchaser to join their team based in Croydon.
Purchaser - Responsibilities would include:
• To operate as a key member of the purchasing team
• Checking the MRP messages on a regular basis and placing the orders accordingly to cover demand and safety stock requirement.
• Ensure promised dates and planned dates for parts are accurate and meet requirements by regular liaison with internal and external suppliers.
• Updating materials requirements and usage trackers to provide ordering information for Purchasing Team.
• Dealing directly with project teams at VTGB to ensure all parts requirements are clearly understood, regularly monitored for accuracy and up to date information.
• Dealing directly with workshop supervision and stores to ensure consumable materials are available at the right time.
• Highlighting potential material issues well in advance of them becoming critical to allow Project Management and Purchasing Team to rectify.
• Managing supplier NCR process including root cause feedback and credit notes for parts rejected and returned.
• Liaise with Quality on any materials that fail to meet requirements ensuring that good quality replacements are made available in time to maintain project schedules.
• Consult with end users within the Company to ensure that supplied materials are fully responsive to the specified need and fully supportive of all quality requirements.
• Co-ordination with Engineering on any engineering change matters that may impact the suitability of materials procured for the project to ensure
• Ensure inventory levels are optimised whilst ensuring availability of materials.
• Develop existing supplier relationships and establish new suppliers as required
Purchaser– Person Requirements:
• Experience of working in an Engineering (mechanical) environment is essential.
• Experience of purchasing from subcontract manufacturing companies is essential.
• Understanding of engineering drawings.
• High level of PC literacy; especially in Excel.
• Experience of an ERP system essential, Navision ERP system desirable (but not essential as training will be given
• Experience of initiating, negotiating, finalising and formalising product procurement
• Must possess a strong customer service orientation and sense of urgency whilst working in an organised manner
• Ability to travel throughout the UK
• Commitment and ability to work accurately under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Good analysis and communication (written and oral) skills essential
• Monday – Friday 36.5 working week
• Salary Bracket £35k - £38k (dependent on experience)
• 20 days holiday (pro rata)
• Annual Bonus (pro rata on year of joining)
• Life Assurance
• Pensions 3% EE and 6% ER
• Private Health Care
• Dental Scheme
• Other Benefits